- Personal details (incl. name, address, and ID number)
- One reference (teacher, lecturer, or mentor preferred)
- Matric results
- 200 Word Response: Why do you think you should be accepted into Codespace?
- 200 Word Response: Why do you want to take part in Codespace?
- 200 Word Response: Why do you think coding is valuable?
- 200 Word Response: What is the biggest challenge that you have faced? How did you overcome it?
Please send us your application by filling in the form in the link below.
Applications are due by 1 July 2016.
Who are we looking for?
Codespace is for high potential, driven and dynamic thinkers who enjoy learning and solving societal problems. Codespace students need to be able to work independently as well as with a team. We are looking for people who are both serious about their future and serious about having fun.
Who can apply?
If you would like to apply to Codespace you need to fit the following criteria. Note that applications are open to guys and gals.
Age: 18 – 24
Location: Codespace is based in Rondebosch, Cape Town and no accommodation is provided. Therefore, applicants must be able to travel to this location daily.
Nationality: Only South African citizens or people with South African study and work visas may apply.
Full-time: Applicants must be available for the full 5 month period and may not be enrolled in another programme concurrently.
Skill level: Applicants must have computer literacy, but no coding background is required.
Qualifications: Matric exemption with a pass in Maths and English.
- Fill out an online application form by 1 July 2016
- Successful first round applicants will be invited to an interview. Interviews will be held from 6 to 8 July 2016.
- Successful applicants will be notified and begin on the 13th of July 2016.